In The Studio Workshop Week: Visible Mending Workshop
When: Tuesday, February 21; 10:00AM Pacific/1:00 PM Eastern
What: Join Erin Eggenburg for an information-packed, visible mending workshop.
This workshop will include:
• an overview of materials and tools
• an explanation and demonstration of Erin's technique
for hand stitched repairs of denim and woven textiles
• a presentation of how to repair the most common types
of jean rips including 1) the upper thigh, back pocket, and
knee and 2) how to reinforce denim worn thin.
Length of class: 3 hours
Who should take this course?
This is a great class for beginners and seasoned hand stitchers who share an interest in learning how mending can be both functional and beautiful.
• Denim patch for practice
• Sashiko needles (thick)
• Sashiko thread or pearl/perle cotton
• Beeswax or thread conditioner
• Printed outline to be provided by teacher
*zoom link to be emailed directly 1 day before workshop.
**This workshop will not be recorded.